Friday, September 27, 2019

Choosing personal hobby focuses

I'veh ad a lot of hobbies over the years.  Some of them include:
  • Juggling
  • Swing Dancing
  • Game Mastering (for tabletop RPGs)
  • Reading
  • Harmonica
  • Learning Spanish
  • Knitting
  • Cribbage
  • Board Games
  • Tae Kwon Do
  • Boxing
  • Whistling
  • Running
  • Mobile Games
  • Bike Riding
  • Learning Electronics
  • Wood Carving (Power and Not)
  • Sewing
  • Flying Discs
And many many more.

Right now, I want to pick up another hobby, but am constrained by the amount and type of time I can dedicate, the amount of noise I can make, and where I can pursue my hobbies.  Also, generally, I weigh how much effort I want to put into something that I don't know I'll be interested in in ~3 months. 

So, what fits the bill right now is learning Game Mastering, which includes reading rules sets, settings, and theory.  I play board games because a lot of my friends do.  And I want to get more into attempting solo RPG, but I'm afraid that the stories I make will suck when I finally get my dice. 

Harmonica is waning, because as it gets colder I won't be able to spend as much time outside, so my practice space is more limited.  I'd also like to pursue Swing Dancing more, it those are all time constrained.  And while Juggling is a big part of my identify, I don't have the drive to attend that I did before Turtle was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment