Friday, September 27, 2019

9/27

1 Session


Follow a Fist - started working on getting her to follow my fist with her head after a few steps toward it, raising it up and down so she has to extend her neck.  I don't want to teach her to lay down, I guess, but it could be nice.  I eventually want to get her to follow my fist to places in the room, like jumping on the couch.  
Shake - very hard to get her to raise her right paw.  this is kinda stuck.  I need to think of an alternate behavior to shape. 
Sit Pretty -Very reliable on this one.  I need to start asking for longer behavior for this, but I'm afraid that she'll start using her teeth again. :( 
Lay on her Side - toward the end of the session, she flops herself.  And then she gets treats for that and letting me touch her feet.  I feel like she does this so she can continue to get things when she's tired.  
Let me touch her feet - Front feet are AOK, but she's very skittish about the back feet.  I can per her thighs and then down to her back paws in one motion, but I'm going very slow here.  I want her to be completely relaxed when she next needs her nails clipped. 


Complete/Maintain:

Next: Other intonation versions of "Jazz", Spot she can sit in (Bell she can push?) if she wants attention. Sit wherever she is, rather than walking over to me then sitting. 

Future: Touching her paws (toward clipping her nails), Handshake

No comments:

Post a Comment