Thursday, November 21, 2019

Fetch? Treat under Cup

I got another book on training cats.  Nothing is new in there, but is much more succinct.  I am especially interested in trying to capture Jazz carrying a toy around, so I can eventually get her to fetch.  I'd love to have that be a possible way to exercise her, especially if I can get her jumping up and down on furniture when running to fetch something.  I don't think that cats are good at seeking something they can't see, so I will need to allow for that when throwing the toy.

Yesterday, I also started putting one of her treats into a paper cup.  She had to reach in and pull the treat out.  But the cup was very light, so much of the time she pushed it over and the treat came out while the cup rolled.  And I made it even more difficult after she started to get that the treat in the cup was hers if she could get it, by turning the cup over and putting the treat under it.  She had a hard time with that and never did knock the cup over. Instead she'd pull the cup toward her, press it against her back leg while sitting, and pop the edge of the cup up over the treat to get to it.  Impressive! 

No comments:

Post a Comment