Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Reflections on Numenera Night, 4th time GMing

Me and a few friends.  I rand a module from the core book, rather than trying to craft something myself.  I also didn't use much wording to set the stage, instead mostly focusing on the "You did this, this happened, what do you want to do?" routine.  I also gave the team nudges when they didn't have a good idea in which way to go.  And I was a bit more deliberate in how I set the stage.  I really didn't give much wiggle room for them to make decisions which didn't fit the story. 

It was interesting that they did as questions that were outside the published adventure.  I had to make some things up on the spot (like that the south side of town is where the criminal element rules). 

I didn't enjoy letting them play in the world I was creating as much as I'd thought.  I wanted them to know more and do more, and they really only explored ~25% of the content because they didn't know about it.  What can you expect when you've prepared for every scenario and they just choose only one option. 

No comments:

Post a Comment